I am reading and writing poem for long time and I am kinda fan of John Keats, William Blake, Wordsworth, Shakespeare and so on.
I always wanted to adhere to the rule of Poetry and there are many poetry forms and I happen to see only few are holding to these rules.
I at times feel bored to read any poems in blog except few who are well in that writing.
I wanted to share what is really a poem and how to write a good poem.
Poems should be written in stanzas and lines that use rhythm to express feelings and idea. Poets should pay attention to the length , placement and grouping of lines and stanzas. We should not keep writing without an end to the poem.
How to write a good poem?
- Get the theme of the poem
- Split the theme into many parts and make each part into stanzas
- There should be a relation to the above and below stanzas
- The reader at any point of time should be able to explain what the poem he has read till that point
- No matter how many lines you want to express but always split into grouping of words
- Try adding a rhyme if possible, it’ makes reader to continue reading.
- Don’t show your verbosity in the poem, you should use literature words wherever possible and not to full poem.
- Reader should be allowed to gasp between the stanzas,rather ending the poem with 100 lines.
I can write in next post, please share your thoughts how to write a good poem!